Bringing Baby Home workshops equip couples with the knowledge and skills needed to be the best parenting team possible.
This research-based workshop draws on the most effective education practices in order to improve the quality of life for babies and children by strengthening their families. It teaches new parents how to maintain and grow their relationship, and create healthy social, emotional, and intellectual development for their children.
In the BBH workshop, you and your partner will learn how to:
- Maintain a strong and positive bond as you welcome your baby
- Work through conflict with greater ease
- Improve communication and connection
- Create positive parent-baby interactions
- Reduce affects of postpartum mood disorders
- Better understand child development and ways to play with your baby
Why choose a Gottman Institute workshop?
The BBH workshop is research-based and research-tested. Developed by renowned relationship and parenting experts, Drs. John and Julie Gottman, the BBH program is based on 40 years of research at the University of Washington.
Who should attend?
The workshops are designed for couples who are expecting a baby or have a child under the age of two.
Infants are welcome at the workshops. Our venue, Hillman City Collaboratory, includes a children’s playroom where babies can nap or play throughout the day.
The workshops are designed for:
- Couples expecting a baby or parenting a young child.
- LGBTQ families and families of color
- All families are welcome!
These workshops are not designed for couples in severe distress, or those struggling with domestic violence, drug abuse, or mental illness. I am happy to refer you to other resources if you are experiencing these challenges. Please feel free to contact me via email for referrals: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost: Pay what you can. A suggested fee is $180.
Dates in 2018: 8:30-3:30 each day
- April 21 and April 28
- June 2 and June 16
- September 15 and September 22
- October 27 and November 3
There are a limited number of spots in each workshop, so register today to secure your spot!
Couples attend the workshop together, and it takes place over the course of two Saturdays. Classes are small with ten couples or fewer, and are offered in a family-friendly classroom.